Butterfly Conservation Weekly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five.
- Entry is open to all UK residents excluding the Channel Islands & Isle of Man. Entry also excludes Butterfly Conservation employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be published on the Butterfly Conservation website (https://lottery.butterfly-conservation.org/winners) and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 201374. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise, a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in the right place for a prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in the right place for a prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in the right place for a prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in the right place for a prize of £5. The overall chance of winning a prize is 1 in 63.
- All profits from the Butterfly Conservation Weekly Lottery go to Butterfly Conservation to continue funding the charity’s work.
- Butterfly Conservation is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Butterfly Conservation or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Butterfly Conservation or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, will be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Butterfly Conservation or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on https://lottery.butterfly-conservation.org
- Butterfly Conservation maintains records of customer funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Butterfly Conservation becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
- All proceeds from this Lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Butterfly Conservation with a guaranteed 60% of proceeds returned to the good cause. We allocate 20% of proceeds to fund the prizes and a further 20% to fund the administration of the programme.
- Butterfly Conservation is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access help in respect of problem gambling is easily available. For more information please visit lottery.butterfly-conservation.org/problem-gambling or call the Butterfly Conservation Weekly Lottery Helpline number on 01628 201374
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or visit https://www.begambleaware.org/
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Butterfly Conservation will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Butterfly Conservation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Butterfly Conservation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society - If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when CTT Charity Payments Ltd re Butterfly Conservation asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.